How to Configure Bandwidth Control for WiFi Users
This document describes how to set bandwidth control only for wireless users.
1. a wireless UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW and AC1220GW. Firmware Version: 3.0.0 or above
2. a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
- Go to Wireless > Basic Settings, click Add button.
- Set the wireless SSID as you want(here we take bandwidth2 for reference, this name is defined by yourself), choose the Radio Interface(you can select both 2.4G and 5G), click Next to save the current page settings.
- Set the wireless password. It is suggested to use WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK as Encryption Type. Enter the password in the Pre-shared Key textbox. Please remember and keep this password properly. You can click the button to confirm the password is entered correctly or not. Click Next to save the current page settings.
- Set upload bandwidth and download bandwidth in this page. Here we take 512kbit/s as upload bandwidth and 2Mbit/s as download bandwidth for each WiFi users. You can also define your suitable bandwidth according to the network situation. Click Save button to finish all the settings.
If your Internet connection is 40Mbit/s /download, 10Mbit/s /upload, the estimated wired user is 4, and WiFi user is 10. Wired user’s priority is higher than wireless user. You can set bandwidth for WiFi user as 40/10/2=2Mbit/s for download, and 10/10/2=512 bit/s for upload.
- Choose the SSID name as bandwidth2M on your mobile device WiFi list, and join this WiFi network.
All the users connected with this WiFi network will have limited bandwidth of download: 2Mbit/s; upload: 512Kbit/s.