How to Configure Policy based Routing on a UTT Business Router
This document describes how to configure Policy based Routing on a UTT business router.
A newly established office applies 2 WAN connections, 1st connection is 200Mbps download, 10Mbps upload; 2nd connection is 10Mbps download, 100Mbps upload.
There’s a web server in LAN for service and access from outside, and the IT admin want to bind the Web service of the server to WAN 2 for big bandwidth and better speed.
1. a UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router ER518, ER840G, ER520, ER2620G, ER4240G, ER5000G, N518W, AC750W, AC750GW and AC1220GW. Firmware Version: 3.0.0 or above
2. a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
1. Go to Network > WAN, configure the 2 WAN connections. All the parameter of the 2 WANs are offered from the ISP.
2. Click Global Settings, configure the WAN bandwidth and detect parameters. Here we set the WAN1 connection as 200Mbps, WAN2 connection as 10Mbps.
3. Go to Network > Routing > Policy Routing, click add button to create a new policy.
4. Configure the parameters of the policy-based routing, here bind the policy to WAN 2. Click Destination Address to setup the destination address of the routing(the web server IP address).
5. Choose IP address, enter the IP address of the web server. (here we take 192.168.10.250 as example).
6. Click Customized IP Protocol, configure the TCP port of the server.
7. Add TCP protocol (here take web port 80 as example), select 80(web), click Add button.
Click Save button to finish the settings.
8. Check all the parameters, click Save button.
9. Click Policy Routing switch to enable this feature.